
Brian May is not just the greatest rock and roll guitarist to ever live, he has also used his fame to bring people's attention to causes that are very important to him. Here in the States, we don't cull badgers, but there are farmers in England that feel they are infecting their cattle with TB. A "culling" is when an animal is hunted in a certain area, due to a public danger. May has always been a defender of animal rights, and this has become a crusade for him in recent years. I found a great article that explains his views on what he views as "cruel and unnecessary" hunting of badgers. He is also against fox hunting as well, which is still quite popular in Europe:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/may/04/brian-may-champion-badger-welfare
The site looks great, Steve.
ReplyDeleteI felt bad about not checking out my classmates blog sites, as often as I originally intended to do, especially after you commented on both my Facebook and my History of the Oppressed page. So, thanks for the nudge!
Although I'm no where near the biggest Queen fan I think I might be able to get into a blog like this because I do like all things music. I specifically like this post because of the cute photo and because I was able to learn something new.
I've always been dedicated to community service whether on small or large scales. I think it's great that Mr. May would be willing to advocate for these helpless animals. Personally, I've never been a fan of hunting or killing but I know that many others are. This situation seems like a tough one to judge since these farmers feel that the badgers are infecting their livestock. I guess it can be likened to what we do here with mice infestations. No?
Sharaya