Friday, March 6, 2015

The best place to get your own Brian May Guitar

           As everyone that knows me knows, I am a huge Brian May fan. I mean, I like Queen, but out of all the guitarists I have ever seen perform, I can always tell when Brian May is playing. It all started on a ride home in 1977 from my cousin's house in Connecticut....

 
 
 
    Every Easter, my family goes to visit my Aunt Sue, and my brother and I get to hang out with my cousin Perry (who was a HUGE Kiss fan). We had just left their house and was on the interstate highway to come back to Maine, and my Dad turns on the radio. He's a big country music fan, but the radio happened to be tuned to a local rock station, and I heard the guitar solo come on for "Killer Queen", and I had never heard that kind of sound before...using a tremolo, and hard chords, and it completely changed my world. My Dad went to turn to another station and I screamed  (louder then I intended) "NO!" and my Dad stopped, looked at me in the read view mirror, and he said something like "yeah, alright...." and he let me hear the rest of the song. When it was finished, he changed it to another station, but the damage was done! :) A Queen fan had been born!
 
...and Queen is still on the road, even in 2015!
 
I just saw them last November in Boston, and he sounds as great as ever...


If you ever have the urge to check out his guitars, (he even offers a ukulele!) check out his website, the only place (except for a few guitar stores here in the U.S.) you can buy one:

No comments:

Post a Comment